Tips to help stay on track this week
Traits of Successful People
- Establish a daily routine and stick to it. – People who succeed know what they are doing ahead of time. There is a plan. Every morning, they have a routine, and they do it without fail to better their lives.
- If you slip up, don’t quit! (And we WILL!) It’s ok! I promise. Simply recognize that you missed the mark and aim again.
- Commit to living as you have already succeeded- The way you think, talk, take care of yourself, dress, and speak should be in tune with the person you are becoming. Cut the negative self-talk and thinking, make yourself look presentable even if you work from home.
- Don’t make excuses! You are not a victim. Even if you have had a horrific past, you are not your past. Live for today. Focus on now. You CAN do this!!
- Plan the evening before. Know what you will accomplish, lay your clothes out, and set yourself up to succeed. Unless it’s your day off, when you are self-employed, it essential to the plan. Don’t start a day and leave it to chance.
- Go to Bed Early- Successful people have a Nightly Routine. They realize that picking out their outfit for the next day and planning what they need to accomplish will bring success. They know that going to bed earlier will set them up for success tomorrow.
- Wake up early- (I know I lost half of you here) Pick a time, but and stick to it. Successful people do not sleep half the day away. They get up and get to work. They value the day in front of them, and they use it wisely. (Whether they FEEL like it or not) They push through and do it anyway.
- Drink a full glass of water before your coffee (You have become super dehydrated overnight, and that will make you exhausted) Hydrate those cells!
- Exercise– I have to admit. I hate it. BUT. It is too good for us. If you don’t exercise now, start with 10 minutes a day. Seriously. Ten will lead to 15 and 15 to 20 and so on. Listen to your body. I’m a walking, yoga sort of person. What can you commit to doing?
- Give up negative everything– people, images, and music. Replace with positive people who encourage and love you, happy pictures, and music.
- Conquer the first things first. Take on your most important tasks first and get them done. If you delay, there will always be some sort of distraction, energy drain, or unnecessary drama that will fill in happily. Before you know it the day is over, you are exhausted and have accomplished very little.
More Successful Traits
- Learn!! Learn a lot. Read. Watch and listen to motivational people, TED Talk, sermons, Podcasts (I like Tony Robbins and Zig Ziglar), and anyone else that gives you the boost you need to encourage you to be your best self. Do this while you cook dinner for the family, driving in your car, showering for work, folding laundry. These tasks have to be finished. Why not turn it into focused learning for your Goals?
- Eat well. Treat your body well, so it doesn’t break down from neglect. No one is forcing you to eat highly processed or chemically induced food. BUT. The very wealthy companies will be more than happy to get you addicted to them. Learn how to break your carb and sugar addictions. There are a million different pieces of advice on this. Think about it. Is a highly processed cookie going to give you the same fuel for your mind and body as a chemical-free organic apple? Probably not. Just like drugs, your sugar will start to plummet. 15-20 minutes after that cookie, you will need your next fix for more sugar. The apple will give you a feeling of satisfaction and keep you full for some time.
Be in Nature
Nature matters. So many of us are busy working from home, that days can go by before we realize we haven’t gone outside. Fresh air brings better oxygen to our lungs and clarity to our minds. Nature inspires like nothing else. It brings perspective. Be observant and focus on the details: the colors, the shapes, and the smells. Try to be fully present for at least a couple of moments and recognize the uniqueness of Nature. When I feel extremely stressed, I walk out into my backyard and just breathe deeply for a bit. I look up. It’s incredible how quickly this works to calm my mind.
Most importantly, you determine what success is for you. My idea of success is probably different from yours. For some, it is money, for others it is reputation, and for some, it is the best mom for their children. Not wrong. Just different. I believe if we all began to recognize that we are truly wired differently from others. If we accept that, we are accountable to ourselves, our families, and God. That accountability alone will help us be better friends, neighbors, and community changers. Success is not a solo act, and great freedom comes in knowing that being different is a good thing to be!